when my cousin came to visit, he wanted to experience a mode of public transportation that was unique to vancouver, and he wanted to eat some good seafood. with that in mind, i decided to take him on an aquabus over to granville island for dinner at the sandbar. i’ve brought many of my out-of-town guests here and everyone is always impressed. with its spectacular seafood and (year-round heated) patio, this place has never disappointed me.
tips for showing your guest a great night at the sandbar:
- even if there’s a wait, ask to be seated on the patio – it’s worth it.
- if you have to wait for a spot, go sit at the bar on the patio and have a drink or two.
- order the calamari to start (trust me).
- order one of the fish dishes from their separate “fresh fish” menu (one of my personal favourites is the arctic char).
- order a nice glass of wine to accompany your meal.
- take your time – savour your meal, take in the views, relax with the ambience, and just enjoy yourselves!