there are so many ingredients in dishes that can be substituted with something healthier, without compromising the taste.
take an avocado for example:
- use mashed up avocado instead of miracle whip or mayonnaise when making a can of tuna (and then throw in some veggies like peppers or spinach)
- make a pasta sauce with it, instead of a heavy cream-based one
- make guac for your dips, instead of a heavy, store-bought ranch or french onion dip
- spread it on your sandwiches, instead of mayonnaise or ketchup
- put it in smoothies for that creamy texture instead of using bananas or yogurt
avocados contain healthy fats that provide us with a ton of health benefits. avocados are a good source of lutein, a carotenoid that works as an antioxidant and helps protect against eye disease. avocados also contain oleic acid, a fat that activates the part of the brain that makes you feel full. along with increasing feelings of fullness, the oleic acid in avocados can help reduce cholesterol levels. as chloe says, “get some good fat in you!”