i was having lunch with my friend anton the other day, and we were trying a food-truck downtown that neither of us have ever tried before (fresh local wild on burrard and west hastings). we sat down and started talking, and one of the topics of conversation that came up was skydiving. skydiving has been on the top of my bucket-list for quite some time now, and it just made me think of my bucket-list in general. i’ve actually been wanting to revisit one that i wrote years ago and make the appropriate modifications to it… so here it is:
1. go skydiving.
2. swim with dolphins (subic, 2008) in the wild.
3. visit all the continents in the world (except for antartica) – three down, three to go.
4. eat gelato in italy.
5. go to a music festival at the gorge (watershed, 2012).
6. lay on a beach in hawaii.
7. go on a romantic beach vacation with a boyfriend.
8. marry the love of my life (on a beautiful beach) – write my own vows and mean them.
9. retire on a beach in a beautiful home, and grow old with the love of my life.
10. buy my parents an extravagant present (like a yacht) for no reason at all.
11. pay my parents back one day, plus more.
12. float down a river in a tube, with good friends, and a lot of beer.
13. go to nyc and do cliché, touristy things (with the best of friends, 2012).
14. see the lion king on broadway.
15. obtain permanent residence (november, 2011) a canadian passport.
16. travel to europe and go to as many countries as possible.
17. drive on the autobahn… fast. when it’s empty, not during rush-hour.
18. drive a sexy car on a racetrack… fast.
19. own a car of my own (i’m thinking the volvo c30).
20. learn how to snowboard (whistler, 2006) snowboard everywhere.
21. land a 180 (seymour, 2010) and 360 on a snowboard… consistently and effortlessly.
22. try surfing (malibu, 2007) get good enough at surfing to enjoy it.
23. get up on a wakeboard (shuswap lake, 2011) learn tricks.
24. write and publish a book.
25. renew my wedding vows on my 25th anniversary (on a beach, with our kids) – write my own vows and still mean them. set an example and make our kids respect and want what we have.
go parasailing (boracay, 2010).
27. go jetpacking.
28. learn how to speak french fluently.
29. see jason mraz live and get acknowledged by him (“sit on my face” sign, 2008) eff yes. still one of the greatest moments of my life to date.
30. have a drink with adam levine.
31. watch one of my best friends (samy) audition for (and win) a show like american idol, xfactor, or the voice.
32. bump into joshua jackson in vancouver and take a picture with him.
33. take a trip abroad to volunteer and better someone’s life.
34. do some work/a big campaign for a worthy cause and make a huge difference.
35. go to japan and eat authentic japanese food.
36. own a HUGE dog – raise it and love it from its puppy days.
37. own a home with a rain shower.
38. go to south africa.
39. attend the world cup and watch england play.
40. get certified and go scuba diving.
41. go on a 5-star cruise ship.
42. train for and run a half-marathon.
43. go on a helicopter ride.
44. kiss someone with a tongue ring.
45. find and go on the largest rollercoaster in the world.
46. stay at an underwater hotel.
47. cut off all my hair and donate it to cancer.
48. plan a best friend’s bachelorette party.
49. make a speech at her wedding that will make both of us cry.
50. have a girls night with my best friends at age 50 – eat ice cream cake, drink wine, talk about sex, reminisce, and laugh even harder than we do now.
51. go to an all-inclusive resort in mexico.
52. find a huge beach picture that is spread out on three canvases for my wall.
53. try the hottest wings at wings.
54. have a patio brunch at lift.
55. rappel down a building in the city.
56. get a verified-account celebrity follower on twitter (ernie halter, 2012) get a retweet/reply.
57. see justin timberlake live in concert.
58. see the backstreet boys live in concert (dream come true twice, 2008 and 2009).
59. see daft punk play a live set… and have them bring the pyramid back out for it.
60. look back on this list when I’m 60 and cross everything off this list as “did that”.
61. celebrate my 61st birthday with people i love.
62. go to zimbabwe, purely because of the country’s name and nothing else.
63. go rollerblading around the seawall.
64. fly first class on a long flight (10+ hours).
65. fly in a private jet.
66. watch the ellen show live during one of the ones where she gives things away.
67. go on a road trip across the entire country (either canada or usa).
68. eat at one of gordon ramsay’s restaurants.
69. eat at the world’s 50 best restaurants.
70. eat at gothams (thanks dad, 2011).
71. eat at blue water (playoffs, 2011).
72. eat at hy’s steakhouse.
73. go to the gold coast in australia.
74. go bareback (horseback-riding) and gallop along a beach.
75. try sandboarding.
76. go back to jakarta/bali and see how much everything has changed/developed.
77. try all the food-trucks in vancouver.
78. go to a sporting game and sit in VIP box seats, with unlimited booze and snacks for the entire game.
79. do two bikram’s yoga classes back-to-back.
80. go tubing in the snow.
81. drive a snowmobile.
82. bake a pie from scratch.
83. own a horse.
…my bucket-list actually goes to 100, but i’ll leave the last few for the more personal and private ones that i’m not going to publish on here 😉